Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another Thursday

Today started out with screaming. I think this job will either show me that I love kids, or that I will probably never have kids.  Holding a little girl from hitting you as you try to get her dress while she's screaming bloody murder isn't as fun as it's cracked up to be.  Goodness I could use a long break.  Not just a break I could use a friend that isn't a missionary just a friend that would go with me places and want to talk.  Would show me around, and maybe get hot chocolate with.  I would have said boyfriend but that would be too optimistic of me to even think I could possibly have one of those.  Just a friend would be nice.  I've been so busy these last three weeks that I haven't realized how lonely I was.  The song Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin comes into mind.  "Dark blue, Dark blue have you ever been alone in a crowded room?"  Yes I have.  I could clean, fold, iron, and make a ton of beds but it wouldn't keep me company especially when I need it.  Yesterday talking and laughing with the missionaries showed me how much I miss laughing and really laughing.  Being silly and just enjoying myself without worrying about children. 
Attention Attention, in the ring steps Tessa accomplished very little in the way of children. And who could be here competitor but Bea who is world renown in breaking au pairs.  The bell rings, Bea grabs onto the counter.  Tessa now coaxing her by asking her if she wants to dress herself of wants help.  Screaming from Bea a good choice in trying to intimidate her opponent.  Next Tessa mentions the chart of smiley faces.  OOH the crowd boos as Bea dodges these questions with saying she wants nothing neither smiley or frown face.  Bea runs to the corner with her hands gripping the sink.  Has she backed down?  No! look she has done it, now screaming louder will this deterrent Tessa?  No look she has a hold of Bea and has wrestled her out of her pajamas.  Bea now throws a couple punches and slaps, but it looks like Tessa is now back into control her folks.  Look the underwear is on.  Bea screams louder dodging the tights.  Tessa's back to asking questions of which foot does she want to put in first.  Ah to no avail.  Bea isn't falling for any traps.  Its back to wrestling her into her clothes.  And looks like Tessa's done it with very little damage besides minor hits from Bea.  A very good match today folks.  Tessa takes home the medal until tomorrow and Bea gets to watch cartoons and have chocolate milk.  The crowd goes wild. 
I imagine Bea and mine wrestling and screaming matches go something like this.  With Bea not exactly loosing just waiting for tomorrows screaming match to begin to show me who is in control.  It's certainly me when the parents aren't home.   I will not allow her to get away with things, but as soon as Carlos comes in or Ilaria,  Bea has me on the ropes and will not let up.  "I can do all things through God that strengthen me." 

1 comment: